Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Why

Of course I have various reasons for deciding to lose weight. I mean seriously, I've been a fat girl all my life, and although I've said I would lose weight before (and actually did for a while) I didn't have the motivation to do anything about it. But now I have several reasons why I need to do this.
  • The clothes. Yes this is vain, but so? From what I have seen 1) smaller clothes are generally cuter than plus size clothing, and 2) smaller clothes are not as expensive and go on sale, while the 1 or 2 larger sizes a store may order will sell the very first day. And I figure, as cute as I am, I deserve to have a freakin wardrobe that reflects that!
  • I'm going to tha boo's graduation in May. This will be my first time meeting the folks, and I really just don't want to be the porkiest chick he's brought home. I know they joke with him about liking big girls, but I know if I heard it I'd be pissed and take it personal. So, best solution: drop some weight.
  • If daddy points out how fat I am one more time, I will go to jail for attempted murder. (Trust, there's more to that relationship than that, but its gonna be the straw that broke the camel's back!)
  • My health. I guess that shoulda been first huh? LOL But seriously, I know I could stand to be a little healthier. Even though every time I go to the doctor, my blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure are all in check, I don't know what effect these extra pounds may have on me later on. So I think I should take care of that while I'm still young and can kinda get a handle on the thing.

Hopefully by May I'll be a little slimmer. NOT SKINNY. I think I would look absolutely horrible if I got skinny. I just want to be thick w/ a nice hourglass shape (I know it's under there somewhere, past that stubborn little belly fat). If I keep my reasons in mind, maybe I'll be able to really do it this time.

No comments: