Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Elegance

I am a very list-oriented person. I have made lists of the lists I need to make (sad, I know. I wish I was joking!) So, true to fashion, I've made a list of the five factors I feel make a woman elegant. Of course this isn't concrete and everyone's opinion may differ, but I feel like these are the things that I want to polish to be a little more refined, even if only to myself.
  • Having a graceful demeanor under pressure.
  • Being pulled together & classy even when casual
  • Eloquence of speech
  • Poise & gracefulness
  • The ability to mix and mingle in any setting (formal, professional, relaxed, etc.) without sticking out like a sore thumb or simply blending in with the crowd, but rather, standing out as an individual without actually calling attention to yourself.

Any other thoughts/suggestions as to what makes one elegant?

Oh, one more thing. Elegance is viewed as a feminine trait, so I am trying to determine the male equivelant. Sophistication? Suaveness? Urbanity? Hmmmm. I feel like I should know this. Next time, I will have my answer! lol

No comments: