Friday, January 2, 2009

"It's All In Your Head"

Happy New Year everyone! I hope that 2009 meets you (and me!) with many blessings, great fortune, and endless happiness. Since I have been a little busy (and honestly, a little lazy) lately I haven't done much writing or brainstorming for new posts. However, in re-reading the book that prompted this blog, I came across this that I found interesting and think ties in to the purpose of this blog beautifully.


Elegance is, above all else, a state of mind. It has everything to do with self-awareness and self-confidence. That's why a woman can be "beautiful" by popular standards-fashionable, or textbook attractive-and not be elegant... So in the end, although you can take your inspiration from others, be true to yourself. Don't give in to someone else's idea of style or beauty. Figure out what YOU want and like, and keep that as your compass. True elegance and style come from honestly expressing yourself.
-The Little Pink Book of Elegance

No comments: