Monday, August 17, 2009

PSA: I am Black.

Apparently the skin, hair, DNA & fact that I have ancestors who did in fact come over from Africa is not enough to prove this to some people.


No, it's not evident because I straighten my hair chemically.

And listen to more than rap/r&b/gospel.

And don't speak slang all the time.

And because I don't like watermelon or greens.
And because I'm not completely militant and all "get whitey."


In being who I am, some people seem to think I am trying to deny... who I am.


But trust me, I am Black. Not only that, but I'm PROUD of that fact. Even prouder of the fact that I can be multi-faceted & not pigeon-holed into one lifestyle, yet appreciate my heritage.


You may want to try it sometimes. I promise the Black won't rub off of you if you try something that "Black folks don't do." Who knows, you may even like it.


No comments: