Monday, September 28, 2009

Senseless Killing



That is all I can call this. A boy is KILLED over NOTHING. I could not stop crying as I watched this video because all I could think about was "Is this what my younger cousins will have to deal with as they grow up? Is this the kind of world I would want to bring children into?" Where are we failing? What are these parents teaching their children? What is NOT being told and shown to them while they are young and impressionable? What has them thinking that this type of behavior is okay? Why is this mentality so rampant in our community?

I have so many questions and so many feelings right now about this but I'm utterly speechless... This is insanity.

A few links concerning the beating and arrest of suspects:
Huffington Post
CNN
Chicago Breaking News

I am currently looking to see if there is any way to make a contribution to his family or if there is anything being done in his name for teen violence prevention. If anyone finds anything before I do, please let me know so I can share it.

No comments: