Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A quote to end 2009 & one to bring in 2010


2009 has been an interesting year, to say the least. A lot has happened, both good and bad. I refuse to do a recap of all the stuff that's gone on... partially because I have a bad memory LOL Honestly, the things that meant the most to me & that impacted me the most have either already been shared here or are of such a nature that I'd rather keep them close to my heart. Instead, I'm going to share two quotes that I found a long time ago, forgot all about, then found again on a little scrap of paper as I was doing some winter cleaning a few days ago.

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Forget the BS from this year & previous years (but not the lessons learned from it!). Take on 2010 with renewed spirit.

The next quote is the one that basically affirms my newly strengthened "Doing Me" attitude. I'll definitely be carrying this one with me into 2010 and beyond:

"Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand."
-Robert G. Allen


Happy New Year to all!

No comments: