Sunday, January 3, 2010

Planning, Preparation and Payoff

WHAT WILL 2010 BE FOR YOU?????


“When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”

“Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.”

"If one asks for success and prepares for failure, he will get the situation he has prepared for."


At some point, one must make the decision that they will no longer be a passive participant in life. I am at that point. For the first 2 years of my life I have basically gone with the flow. I’ve had my desires, wishes, wants, but most of the times things would not go my way. This year, I plan on doing something. A lot of times, in past years, my “doing something” consisted of talking, praying and hoping things would work out. Time and time again that has proven to not be enough. I have determined that it is time to “take the bull by the horns” as it were, to not just talk about it but BE about it! So, 2010, for me, is a year of PLANNING, PREPARATION AND PAYOFF. I am at each of these stages, depending on what aspect I’m examining. But by year’s end (and for some of these things, before) I expect to see the results of my actions. I am taking almost every aspect of my life, examining it and devising my plan to make what I want happen. (I say almost because I’m not touching the relationship side. I mean really, how do you plan that out?) As much as possible, I’m removing the “it is what it is” mentality. True, some things are beyond my control and I have no choice but to accept that. But trust, I’m shaking things up as much as possible on my end.

This is the year that I turn 25 (I won’t get into my thing with numbers and why 5 and 25 are so significant to me, because it’s a little weird, I know). This is the year I complete my MBA. This is the year I move, possibly to a new city & state, to begin again.

2010 is my year! What about you?

No comments: