Thursday, January 14, 2010

On Haiti

I haven't posted anything on Haiti because I truly did not know what to say. My heart goes out to all of those who have lost family and friends, and even worse, those who are in the dark as far as whether their loved ones are okay. While we in Jackson were facing our "crisis" of not having running water, it in no way compares to the suffering of those poor people. Of course there are many ways to help. I recommend Wyclef's YELE (text YELE to 501 501 to donate $5) because 100% goes directly to relief efforts. The Red Cross also has text option (Haiti to 90999 to donate $10) but usually about 50% of proceeds go to Red Cross' administration. Of course there are numerous organizations that you can access locally and nationally, but please be sure that they are legitimate. You're online anyway, take a few minutes to verify the validity of some of these "charities." Some people are not above doing for self in the midst of others' suffering.

Speaking of self-serving assholes who thrive off of the suffering of others, please believe I plan to go in on "Reverend" Pat Robinson for his comments in regard to Haiti and how misguided and misanthropic they are. And of course I've heard about Rush Limbaugh's comments, but I truly believe that this fool could be the devil himself; no amount of berating would make him change or feel sorry. Tonight, I'll just leave it at what Keith Olbermann had to say concerning these two:


No comments: