Friday, February 13, 2009

The Four Day Diet

So I was perusing brownandbridal.com and came across a post about Dr. Ian's Four-Day Diet. She said that she's been on it since Tuesday and has already lost 8 lbs. I'm assuming that's with exercise. I may try this out, but I need to skim the book to see if it looks like something that would "fit" me. The link is to a video where he talks about the diet and the book. The book deals with both the emotional and the physical aspect of dieting. The diet itself is broken up into different modules:

Induction (detox/cleansing)
Transition (to reintroduce all food groups)
Protein Stretch (to avoid plateaus)
Smooth (when you can have some formerly forbidden foods like pizza and French fries)
Push (the sprint just before the final stretch, back to a stricter eating plan)
Pace (a comfortable module for you to catch your breath)
Vigorous (the final module to lose those last few pounds)

I'm not totally sure if all these modules are supposed to be completed in four days (that wasn't explained too clearly in the little video clip) but he did mention that you switch up the food every four days. Like I said, I'll check the book out to see what he's really talking about. In the meantime, here's that link.

http://www.examiner.com/x-660-Weight-Loss-Examiner~y2009m1d7-Dr-Ian-Smiths-new-4-Day-Diet

No comments: