Monday, February 1, 2010

Quote of the Day

Folks that know me know that although I know the Bible, I don't go around quoting scriptures too often. There are a couple of reasons for this. One reason is that I can appreciate and respect that other people may have other ways of worshipping (or not worshipping at all). Another is that I have no place to be trying to convince anyone to "get right" or anything like that. I mean, have you read through this blog? I've got my own ish to straighten out!

But I digress...

My point: There are some scriptures that, IMO, could be taken as motivation regardless of your belief. This is one of those scriptures:

Finally, brothers, whatever is true,
whatever is honorable,
whatever is just,
whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely,
whatever is commendable,
if there is any excellence,
if there is anything worthy of praise, think
about these things.
-Phil 4:8 (ESV)

I'm working on becoming a more positive person, and part of that is learning to not focus on obstacles that I face/have faced, but rather the opportunities to excel, better myself, & prove to myself that I can do and be more than anyone ever imagined. Funny thing is, I'm always encouraging others with this, but find it so difficult to apply it myself! (The phrase "Healer, heal thyself" comes to mind.) But I am making and will continue to make a conscious effort to keep my mind in "glass half full" mode... not to have my head in the clouds with unrealistic expectations, but to remember that good things can happen if I make them happen instead of just letting bad things happen to me.

So, what are you thinking about?

No comments: