Monday, July 27, 2009

Upgrade (Tori D., 2.0)

Lately I've been thinking that it's time to make some changes. Although I'm looking into some major changes (trying to get a new job, possibly move to a new city), some small changes need to be made as well. I know I could survive without them; it's possible that I could push it out of my mind and still be successful. But I don't know if I could be happy being stagnant. No, scratch that; I know I can't be happy without growth. I want to tap into the real Tori D., the Tori D. that comes out when no one else is around. When I'm not stressing about work or school. The Tori D. that I would be all the time if I could be. And why can't I be?

Anyway, I feel like I'm starting to ramble, so let me get back on track.

There are three main areas that I want to focus on:
The physical
The mental
The spiritual/emotional

While I will not go into details here about what I plan to start doing (or start doing more/better), I do have some definite things in mind that I have already begun and will begin ASAP. I will say one thing: I definitely have to tap into my creative side more. I feel almost suppressed and I think that is the release I need. Poetry, music, painting, I want to do it all!

Anyhoo, I'm excited about the growth that is currently and will soon take place in my life. I feel that change (for the better) is necessary, and I'm ready to embrace it, then grow and learn from it.

No comments: