Saturday, October 3, 2009

Notes from the Mississippi Delta

This post was actually supposed to go up several weeks ago after momma and I made a trip to Shaw, MS and ended up at a community picnic. Buuuut I'm just getting around to it now, so... yeah!

  1. There is NOTHING like actual homemade ice cream! Nope, not even Bluebell Homemade Vanilla (and my people know I am a Bluebell girl to the heart lol)
  2. This is mean, I know; I am so tickled when middle-aged and older people talk about not being able to figure out stuff on their computer. IDK why, but it's just funny to me!
  3. My 99-year-old grandfather dreaming about being in 3rd grade: priceless! ^_^
  4. I met one of my grandfather's childhood friends (on her 98th birthday) and my aunt's "old boyfriend" (not really her BF, but one of their older brothers' friends who she claimed). How cute is that? It's really rare that I get to see that "we were young once" side of my older relatives.
  5. Chivalry is not dead! There was a guy there (an Omega, no less ^_^) with his son who looked to be high school aged. His son was so well-mannered! Getting up to help older people to their seats, giving up his seat for a lady, helping with cleanup, even rushing to my aid after an incident with red cream soda & my cute lil outfit. He didn't know anyone there other than his father (they'd just moved there) but he was so respectful and so sweet! Proof that it's not the time that we're in, it's the training these kids receive that makes the difference.
  6. Is there such a thing as bad fried catfish? I don't think their is! I'm just sayin'....
  7. Funniest moment: Little girl walks up to the table where we were sitting. Random woman asks my mom, "Who's little girl is that?" The little girl gets loud and says "My daddy! I'm his girl!" and walks off. All of us sitting there with our faces broken. I cried laughing! Crying laughing thinking about it now!
  8. I didn't think it was possible to be country AND ghetto, but ummmm, it is! I couldn't help but SMH at some of the things I heard and saw from girls not that much younger than me. Craziness.
Aight, that's it for now. I'm sure there were some other things I meant to share, but since it's not in the BlackBerry, it's gone!

No comments: