Friday, December 19, 2008

Why?

This blog is inspired by a book I bought on a whim and turned out to really like, The Little Pink Book of Elegance: The Modern Girl's Guide to Living with Style by Jodi Kahn. I've always been the type of person who enjoys self improvement because I know that we can all be a little better than we are now. Since I recently graduated from college and entered "the real world" I feel the need to enhance certain aspects about myself to become a little more urbane, sophisticated and overall a true Finer Woman.

So here is my goal: I want to become a refined young woman, but at the same time
  • Stay true to who I am and my background
  • Not alienate friends, family and loved ones who may not be on the same page
  • Be able to fit in well in any environment or situation

Anything I encounter along the way that may give some insight into this (books, links, people, personal experiences & thoughts) will be right here. Hopefully within a year, some visible growth can and will be seen. Here's hoping.

No comments: