Saturday, December 27, 2008

Quote of The Week


"We must never confuse elegance with snobbery."- Yves Saint Laurent

I really like this quote and felt that it was an appropriate choice for my first little QOTW. I think one thing that keeps some people from pursuing a higher level of sophistication and elegance instead of sticking with the norm is the idea that to do so would require not only working to do better, but becoming someone who looks down her nose at others. And of course this notion is no doubt caused by the images we've seen and interactions we've had with those deemed "elegant." This is why I've made the distinction of saying that even though I want to become a more refined young lady, I don't want to be one to alienate my friends or become off-putting to others. I want to retain my approachability and (somewhat) down-to-earth nature.

Has anyone else had experiences that made you feel like sophistication and snobbery went hand in hand?

No comments: